[tex-k] Bug (typo) in Metafont program, Section 90, Procedure "confusion"

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 13 22:48:04 CEST 2023

Hi Gregor,

     "...who can fix can fix"

As Jonathan replied, this is one of Knuth's jokes.

    I also just checked the known errata last updated 2021-02-05 at
    http://mirrors.ctan.org/systems/knuth/dist/errata/mf84.bug

Knuth only updates mf84.bug (and tex82.bug, etc.) when he does a
tune-up, i.e., it won't change for years to come. The web pages with
more recent reports which my vetting colleagues and I have looked at are at:
https://tug.org/texmfbug/newbug.html  (to be sent to Knuth in 2029)
https://tug.org/texmfbug/nobug.html   (won't be sent)

I've just added "can fix can fix" to nobug.html. Thanks for the report. -k