[tex-k] xdvik and gcc14, pull request / bug report on github texlive-source

Thomas Dickey dickey at his.com
Wed Feb 28 10:23:32 CET 2024

On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 06:51:26PM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:
>     When I made those changes, I updated XtSpecificationRelease to 7 in
>     Intrinsic.h -- which you could use fairly reliably in an ifdef.
>
> That would have been nice, but unfortunately, on Rocky 9, for whatever
> reason, Intrinsic.h also has
>   #define XtSpecificationRelease 7
>
> while Xaw/List.h still has String* for the XawListChange prototype:
>   void XawListChange
>   (
>    Widget			w,
>    String			*list,
>
> >From your msg, I suppose XtSpecificationRelease is also 7 on Gentoo,
> where the type is (IIUC) _Xconst char**. In which case we couldn't use
> it to distinguish the two cases.
>
> Is there any other likely symbol that could be #if(def)'d? --thanks, karl.

not readily - I made those updates to Xaw about 6 months later, and while
Xaw has a version number, it's not been updated in a long time -- since
that's used for the ABI.  At that point, of course, one would only get
a warning...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey at invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net