tl-install restore period

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 15:13:31 CEST 2024

The URL is just part of a plain text paragraph so to the extent that a
system makes an active link out of it
is just down to the heuristics of that system.

reading your email in gmail I see

[image: image.png]
and gmail has inferred a link not including the . , and the link works.

I assume you are using a system that has inferred a URL ending in the .
(that doesn't work)

As such I'd say it isn't really a problem that needs to be solved although
perhaps the text could
be modified to give systems inferring links a bit of help such as using the
<> convention so

For more, see the output of install-tl --help, especially th
 -repository option.  Online via <https://tug.org/texlive/doc>.)

David
(Just an interested observer: I have no control over this code)