Fwd: default italic upper case Greek letters?

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 18:40:14 CEST 2023

Gary: You sent a reply just to me. I've forward it to the list. I hope
that's what you wanted.

Hi Jonathan,

I now see that my message can be interpreted in several different ways.
What I want is for $\Omega$ to give $\mathit{\Omega}$ by default.

Gary
---

Hi Gary

Thank you for the clarification. However, LaTeX does not have an \Alpha
command (see below). Please may I ask how such a package would help you?
That's what I find most interesting.

Jonathan

---

**\relax
entering extended mode
LaTeX2e <2022-06-01> patch level 5
L3 programming layer <2022-08-23>
*\show\alpha
> \alpha=\mathchar"10B.
<*> \show\alpha

?

*\show\Alpha
> \Alpha=undefined.
<*> \show\Alpha

?

> On Apr 23, 2023, at 11:39 AM, Jonathan Fine <jfine2358 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Gary
>
> You've asked an interesting question. Do you want $\psi$ to produce
$\Psi$? And if so, what should happen for $\alpha$?