Dec23 TUG bonus: a holiday extraganza video

TeX Users Group tug-news at tug.org
Sun Dec 17 17:24:55 CET 2023

Dear members of the TeX community,

We at the Board of the TeX Users Group wish you a great holiday season,
and a peaceful, prosperous and happy 2024.

Continuing their tradition, the indefatigable Tikzducks production team
(SamCarter, Paulo Cereda, Ulrike Fischer, Carla Maggi, Gert Fischer and
Assistant B\"ar) have created a gift for the community, the 2023 edition
of the Great Tikzlings Christmas Extravaganza:
  https://vimeo.com/894435614

It presents kings and emperors, has a look at the TUG Annual Conferences
of 2023 and 2024, reports on yodeling mice and moles with a vision, pays
tribute to the late Harry Belafonte, discovers the hitherto unknown
bluebat, documents a daring heist and contains many other seasonal
surprises.

We are grateful to all community members for creating the wonderful TeX
environment. Our special thanks to the user group members that support
us with their dues, allowing us to continue our work: publishing our
journal TUGboat, supporting the production of TeX Live, organizing
conferences, and support and coordination for developers. If you are not
a member, please consider becoming one: there are many benefits
including subscription to our journal, conference discounts, discounts
at TUG store and a raffle for new members. Please see:
  https://tug.org/join

If you plan end of the year giving, please consider donating to TUG. It
is a US registered charity (a 501(c)(3) organization), and donations are
usually tax deductible in the US. Please see:
  https://tug.org/donate

An alternative for community members is to support one of the local TeX
user group (LUGs). There are many groups throughout the world; please
see https://tug.org/lugs. Some LUGs offer joint membership with TUG, in
which case you will support both your local group and us.

Thank you for your support of TeX, and happy holidays.

TUG Board of Directors