issue with font installation

Walter Burkhard wburkhard at ucsd.edu
Sun Mar 10 22:03:02 CET 2024

Hello,
I have just installed two Klim Metric fonts  and they seem to be
working fine.    I used  otftorfm as well as  the online pfb creation.
There is no longer  otftot1 !!

However, I noticed that to do this, the directory web2c needed
to be manually installed  in
    /usr/local/texlive/2023/texmf-config
and this contains a map file for each of the new fonts.
There is no such web2c directory in the ../2022/texmf-config.

What is going on here?  did I somehow mess things up?
Can I move the web2c folder somehow to texmf-local?

Many thanks in advance for any advice etc.  you might have
in this regard.

Walt Burkhard